Title: Fashion Public Relations Intern
Date: 30 November 2016 | 9:44 pm
Maguire Steele is looking for motivated, professional and responsible interns to start immediately. This internship is ideal for college students or recent graduates who are highly motivated with a strong interest in fashion. It is a great opportunity for those looking to explore a career in the fashion industry, offering a hands-on experience and training on a wide range of PR activities.
Maguire Steele specializes in full service public relations and the representation of emerging and established designer men’s, women’s and accessories brands, prestige beauty and grooming brands and retail and e-commerce stores.
Maguire Steele office hours are 10 am to close.
Minimum Commitment: 3 days per week 10 am to 7 pm
Hours may vary in February and September due to show preparations for New York Fashion Week.
Ideal candidates possess the following skills:
• Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
• Must multi-task effectively
• Attention to detail
• Highly organized
• Interest in the fashion industry; specifically the field of public relations
• High energy
• Eager to learn and grow
• Training to use FashionGPS, an industry-standard sample, contact, and event management system
• Assist in look book mailings and other press mailings
• Assist in gift mailings to editors and celebrities
• Maintaining the general appearance of the showroom
• Learn the process of tracking, clipping, and scanning press
• Receiving training on the effective execution of events (fashion shows, cocktail parties, in-store launches, press previews, etc.) and editor appointments