Title: Margie Korshak Inc. seeks PR & Social Media Intern
Date: 2017-10-05 23:08:27
Margie Korshak Inc.’s Fashion, Hospitality & Lifestyle Department is currently accepting applications for their Winter/Spring 2018 Internship Program! The Winter/Spring Internship program typically runs from December through May. This program offers hands-on experience focused on public relations, social media and event planning. MKI internships are unpaid and students may receive school credit for our internship program.
About Margie Korshak Inc.:
For 49 years, MKI has been providing and continues to provide public relations for the “who’s who” across all markets. We have a distinguished and diversified clientele in the arenas of fashion and beauty, consumer products, food and restaurants, hospitality, nonprofit, real estate, sports and, of course, entertainment.
With esteemed brands and strong relationships, we are present at almost every major “happening” in Chicagoland and have daily involvement in every form of print, television, radio and online forums in the market.
Benefits of Interning at MKI:
• Gain real world exposure to the day-to-day operations of a well-respected PR agency
• Participate in both the creative process and editing process of press releases, event submissions and social media posts
• Attend launches and events in Chicago
• Participate in resume and LinkedIn workshops
• Contribute to valuable work that can be added to your portfolio to show a future potential employer
• Sit in on “Lunch ‘n Learn” sessions hosted by professionals in the PR field
• Attend various networking opportunities
• Work on the 37th floor of the John Hancock Center
• One previous internship in Public Relations, Social Media or related.
• A current full-time or part-time college student.
• Possess a keen attention-to-detail and stellar organization skills.
• Familiar with AP style guidelines.
• Must practice communicative and proactive approach to work, while multi-tasking and meeting strict deadlines.
• Must have a solid understanding of social media platforms including Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
• Documenting and tracking client media coverage.
• Creating targeted media lists and tracking coverage impressions using Meltwater and other online resources.
• Assisting with client events, including TV segments, grand opening events, promotional opportunities, cocktail parties, fashion shoots, etc.
• Assisting in the development of strategies for different clients through brainstorming sessions with executive team and independent research.
• Creating targeted social media content for MKI pages and various clients’ social media profiles.
• Scheduling client and agency content using Hootsuite and Facebook.
• Researching new strategies, technologies and social media trends.
• Editing/peer-reviewing social media posts created by other interns prior to approval from executive team.
• Receive instruction and hands-on experience doing entry-level public relations and social media work in an agency setting.
• Work closely with the executive team.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of local media relations and the ability to find appropriate media contacts.
• Craft creative and engaging social media, so to develop a solid understanding of social media strategy as it relates to public relations.
• Practice networking and event management skills at client and media events.
• Hold to the same standards as an entry-level employee, practicing good judgment and professionalism on a daily basis.