Title: Public Relations Intern
Date: 14 November 2016 | 7:01 pm
Please note: This is an unpaid internship position and college credit is mandatory.
An industry leader in accessible luxury handbags, accessories, footwear and apparel, Rebecca Minkoff’s playful and subtly edgy designs can be spotted around the world on young women and celebrities alike. Rebecca Minkoff, LLC is an exciting and creative workplace where you will become part of a team, which encourages collaboration, innovation and strives for constant improvement.
Rebecca Minkoff, LLC is rapidly expanding and breaking down the barrier between fashion and technological advancements. After developing an affinity for design while in the costume department in high school, Rebecca Minkoff moved to New York City at only 18 years old to pursue her dream of becoming a fashion designer.
In 2001, Rebecca designed a version of the “I Love New York” t-shirt as part of a five-piece capsule collection, which appeared on The Tonight Show and became an overnight sensation. In 2005, Rebecca designed her first handbag, which she soon dubbed the “Morning After Bag,” a.k.a. the “M.A.B.” This iconic bag ignited Rebecca’s career as a handbag designer.
Rebecca’s success was further enhanced by the support of her brother and the company’s CEO and co-founder, Uri Minkoff, who helped usher in and pioneer the company’s industry-leading social media efforts and technology developments.
Today, Rebecca Minkoff has developed into a global lifestyle brand with a wide range of accessories, footwear, apparel, handbags and jewelry as well as men’s leather goods under the label Ben Minkoff. The brand is distributed worldwide and constantly gaining recognition.
Applicants must be detail oriented ambitious self-starters who are looking to gain first-hand experience in the fashion industry.
• Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 days a week.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and maintain organization.
• College credit mandatory
• Previous Fashion PR experience a plus
• Postitive attitude a must
• Familiarity with Microsoft suites
Daily duties include (but are not limited to) assisting the Rebecca Minkoff Public Relations Team:
• Daily office administration
• Sample trafficking, cataloging all sample send outs and check ins
• Maintaining the sample closet
• Assisting with celebrity and editorial seeding
• Maintaining and updating press contacts and PR pitch lists
• Daily monitoring of all press outlets (social media, editorial, celebrity mentioning etc.)
• Press clippings, additionally systematizing and assembling press book
• Assisting with the organization and execution of multi-brand Press Previews
• Compiling reports and organizing recaps for all events and Press blasts
• Knowledge of current seasons/samples
• Occasional styling assistance
• Various fashion week activities (gift bag assembly, sample organization, press outreach, guest lists etc.)
• Coordinating celebrity/influencer gifting