Title: Sachin and Babi seeks Showroom Sales Intern
Date: 3 August 2017 7:16 pm
Sachin and Babi Ahluwalia, our husband and wife design duo, were born and raised in India. The couple met 20 years ago while studying at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Since then they have worked together every day, founding three thriving companies and raising two daughters on the Upper East Side. They launched their womenswear collection Sachin & Babi after identifying a white space in the market for luxurious eveningwear that offers exceptional quality at contemporary price points.
We have proudly been the premier embroidery and beading house for some of the major fashion designers such as Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and more!
This program is an opportunity that offers real-life exposure to the dynamic, creative and fast-paced fashion industry. We have an exciting internship opportunity for a Showroom Sales Intern to join our wholesale division. This position is focused on the wholesale part of our Sachin and Babi evening business. The student will work directly with our sales team and senior merchandiser to improve our daily showroom flow.
– Available for Fall Semester from early September to end of December
– Strong organizational skills interpersonal and communication skills (attention to detail is a must)
– Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint etc.
– Good note-taking skills
– Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities while maintaining deadlines
– Available three days a week to work at Sachin & Babi Showroom
– A strong sense of fashion styling and current trends
**This internship is unpaid. Must receive academic credit.**
– Assist the SVP and sales team in all aspects of the sales process, including showroom management, market preparation, and administrative support.
– Coordinate and attend market appointments and trade shows.
– Record account selling and create weekly reports.
– Assist in tracking samples, and ensure they are effectively managed between sales, PR, and production departments.
– Run various errands throughout the city