Title: Vera Wang seeks Design Intern Spring 2018
Date: 2017-10-25 00:30:52
The Vera Wang Group is an internationally renowned company and THE industry leader in bridal. The worlds’ most influential and fashionable women look to Vera Wang when dressing for their most important events and public appearances. Both her bridal and evening apparel are sold at over 55 upscale retailers, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
In 1990 she opened her own design salon in the Carlyle Hotel in New York that features her trademark bridal gowns. She has since opened bridal boutiques in New York, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
The Vera Wang brand reflects her vision to create a lifestyle that goes beyond core bridal and ready-to-wear, and into publishing, fragrance, beauty, accessories and home. These collections are positioned at the highest end of the luxury market.
• Must be receiving academic credit for this internship.
• Must be majoring in Design or a related concentration.
• Knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and sewing.
• Intern directly with the design team on various hands-on projects to prepare for the upcoming collections.
• Learning of different fabrics, trimming, and styles for the upcoming collection via organizing the design room and dressing models for fittings.
• Collaborate with fabric designer by organizing fabric headers and sourcing specific materials.
• Working with embroidery designer on embroidery layouts based on a swatch, manipulating size, color, and layout.
• Copying patterns, assisting with small pattern adjustments, and assisting with design research.
If you are a motivated and an astute individual and wish to be considered for this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to with “DESIGN INTERNSHIP SPRING 2018” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!