American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
Costume Shop Administrator
Costume Shop Administrator
Department: Costume Shop/ Production
Position Title: Costume Shop Administrator
Reports to: Costume Shop Director
Classification: Full Time, Seasonal Hourly, Non-Exempt (Approximately 40-week contract)
Benefit Eligibility: Eligible Description:
A.C.T, San Francisco’s Tony Award Winning LORT A Theater, seeks a Costume Shop Administrator to assist the Costume Shop Director and Costumes Rentals Manager in all department administration tasks for the Costume Shop. In addition, this position will provide some design assistant support in main stage productions, conservatory productions and rentals. This position begins October 2017.
· Assist Costume Shop Director in the day to day administration tasks for the costume shop.
· Assist in collecting and processing payroll paperwork for the costume shop.
· Assist in tracking all expenditures for the costume shop including show budgets and overall shop budgets.
· Assist in creating, distributing and maintaining show related paperwork, including but not limited to measurement charts, costumes flow charts, labels, pieces, lists.
· Assist in tracking shop labor and associated costs for each production using up to date database and ticket system.
· Assist Costume Build Manager in the maintenance and repairs of shop machinery, equipment and tools
· Assist in maintaining shop personnel safety and upholds workroom safety protocols.
· Download fitting photos, label, and upload or distribute as needed. Take notes during fittings
· Collaborates and communicates with all A.C.T. departments and all those involved in the costume construction process including supervisors, designers, assistant designers, stage managers and workroom staff, as well as guest artists
· Participate in the upkeep, organization and cleanliness of the fitting rooms, work rooms and stock rooms
· Conduct research for shop management and designers.
· Compile and fulfill shopping lists for general shop supplies and show specific needs.
· Research and source costumes, rentals clothing and products necessary for each show.
· Handle all external rental paperwork including pulling, shipping and returns; and the adjustments throughout the rehearsal process.
· Make runs to vendors, dry cleaners, cobblers and rental houses when necessary.
· Maintain the highest level of professional standards and protocol with all designers, staff and vendors.
· Other costume shop duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Costume design or Theater preferred. Or equivalent & transferable skills from work experience in a costume shop.
- Knowledge of professional costume shop environment and theatrical terminology.
- Good working knowledge of fabric types and theatrical uses.
- Preferred knowledge of local SF/ East Bay vendors.
- Experience managing & tracking expenditures and creating budgets
- Experience in computerize inventory management and related systems
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Photoshop.
- Desire to assist others and work in a team setting
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Willing to work on an irregular schedule when necessary.
- Valid Drivers’ license and clean DMV record required.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community.
American Conservatory Theater is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. We encourage and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage women and people of color to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
No phone calls, please.
July 29, 2017 – July 29, 2017
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway