New York, NY 10013
HERE – the downtown performance venue that supports the work of artists at all stages in their careers through commissions, development and fully produced works – and Beth Morrison Projects – producer of cutting-edge opera-theatre/contemporary music works – are jointly seeking a Development Manager for year-round part-time work on PROTOTYPE: Opera/Theatre/Now, the highly acclaimed contemporary opera-theatre and music-theatre festival, approaching its sixth season in January 2018. Applicants should have a strong interest in a multi-disciplinary theatre and arts environment, with additional knowledge about contemporary music and opera.
The Development Manager will work in collaboration with the festival co-founders and directors: Beth Morrison of Beth Morrison Projects, Kristin Marting, Artistic Director of HERE, and Kim Whitener, Producing Director of HERE, as well as the Development Directors of each organization. The Manager will work to secure Festival and project-specific institutional grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual donations. Candidate must be highly detail-oriented, organized, and possess excellent writing and communication capabilities.
• Stay abreast of yearly funding goals for the Festival and its projects and collaborate with two organizations to raise the funds for this programming
• Strategize project-specific funding plans in concert with artistic directors/producers
• Conduct prospect research and outreach to identify potential funding opportunities
• Collaborate with the team to create individual giving strategies and campaigns and to organize cultivation and stewardship events aimed at deepening relationships with donors and prospective donors of the Festival
• Assist HERE and BMP staff with the planning and execution of a Benefit event for PROTOTYPE in January during the Festival
• Oversee and maintain the year-round fundraising calendar
• Create agendas and lead bi-weekly development meetings with the Festival’s co-directors and the two organization’s development staff
• Write, edit, and submit letters of inquiry, grant proposals and sponsorship requests • Collaborate with HERE and/or BMP’s General Manager to create funding budgets for applications and reports
• Write and submit project-specific grant reports and updates as needed
• Communicate with co-directors and the staff and both organizations about work samples and other ancillary materials needed for funding applications
• Collaborate with PROTOTYPE marketing personnel to keep fundraising information up to date on the PROTOTYPE website and all marketing materials
• Work with and co-manage Festival Associate and Festival Interns
• Attend performances and events during the Festival, January 10-21 2018.
Consultant fee to be negotiated; approximately 10 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible. Contract is for one year and will be revisited annually.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 1, 2017 – March 1, 2018
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway