Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to an inclusive work place.
BAM is an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema. We are seeking a full-time Production Supervisor to be part of our team to handle all technical aspects of BAM presentations, productions, rentals and special events in every one of our venues. At BAM we are proud to present some of the most diverse programming imaginable from countries, cultures and languages from every corner of the globe. You will be a part of an experienced, collaborative, dedicated production team which is passionate about doing great work.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, has excellent communication skills, thrives in a team atmosphere, is articulate and imaginative, and can manage a realistic budget.
This is a temporary position: August 21, 2017 – July 2018
- You will advance productions with particular focus on technical and budget analysis, arrangement of equipment, and determination and communication of scheduling of technical staff and stagehands.
- You will hire and contract production and design personnel.
- You will supervise union and non-union crews and run events throughout the BAM campus.
- You will collaborate with BAM Programming, General Management and Operations to present the highest quality shows and events.
- You will work with some of the greatest artists and companies in the world to present cutting-edge, internationally renowned performances and events.
We want to work with someone who shares our commitment to a diversity of backgrounds and voices. We don’t expect any candidate to meet all of these requirements. The successful candidate will be someone who meets many of these requirements and has the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job.
Priority Experience and Skills
- Five years applicable professional work experience
- Excellent oral, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to work on an irregular schedule, often with long hours
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings and other technical materials
- Experience managing expenditures
- Experience creating schedules and meeting deadlines
Additional Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theater
- Experience solving complicated technical and logistical problems
- Experience creating budgets
- Working knowledge of Autocad and Vectorworks
- Experience working with other cultures and foreign languages
Application Instructions: must complete an online application – no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Application Deadline: August 18, 2017
Pay Rate: Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package.
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #BAMCareers
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway