Winchester, VA 22601
Scenic Design Fellow
Vacancy: Scenic Design Fellow 9 month (Aug-May) – optional additional 3 months with professional summer theatre company for 12 month year-round Visiting Teaching/Staff Position
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
· Assisting the Scenic Design faculty and other production staff in the management of office operations, including the preparation and coordination of show, including drafting and paperwork
· Serving as Paint and or Props Supervisor for the Main Stage and second stage season. – With area of expertise
· Instructing the Lab Students and student artisans as well as supervising work study students in the execution of Main Stage and Studio designs, including leading crews and helming special projects
· Participating in the educational environment of Shenandoah Conservatory
· Collaborate with faculty in teaching undergraduate courses in field of expertise
· Design up to two shows during the calendar year
· Other duties as assigned within area of expertise.
Qualified Candidates Will
· Have completed undergraduate studies in theatrical design, drama, or a related field;
· Have completed or be nearing the completion of a terminal degree in design (M.F.A. – Master of Fine Arts or equivalent)
· have previous experience assisting designers in a professional (preferred) or academic setting.
· be able to provide a full set of documentation (groundplan, section, elevations, etc.) for a show they have designed or assisted on.
· have demonstrable knowledge of computer applications including Vectorworks or Autocad, Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite.
About Shenandoah Conservatory and University: Shenandoah Conservatory was founded in 1875 and is located at the head of the historic Shenandoah Valley in Winchester, VA, 70 miles west of Washington DC. Over 700 students are enrolled in baccalaureate, masters and doctoral curricula in the areas of music, theater and dance, and are taught by a dynamic and diverse faculty of over 125, half of whom are full- time. www.su.edu/conservatory Shenandoah University is a diverse institution of approximately 3,600 students enrolled in baccalaureate, masters and doctoral curricula in business, arts and sciences, health professions and performing arts. Shenandoah University is an independent, coeducational institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. www.su.edu
Shenandoah University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
To apply for the position of Scenic Design Fellow please provide a C.V., and a reference list to email@example.com
August 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway