On Point National Dance Competition
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
SOUND MC WANTED!!!
On Point National Dance Competition was born to represent our full commitment as the most exciting, organized competition in the industry. Proud to announce our 8th anniversary, On Point is looking for a versatile individual to help head our amazing crew for the 2017 season!
We are seeking a Sound MC based in/near Central NJ to travel the east coast March-May. We request that you are at least 18 years old, able to work weekends (including most Thursdays and Mondays), have your own reliable transportation to our corporate office, and the ability to set up and break down equipment.
The ideal candidate will be able to shoulder immense responsibility and multi-task, showcase outstanding customer service skills, and enjoy interacting with children of all ages. Sound MC duties include lining up music for routines, keeping proper sound levels, being comfortable announcing on a microphone, and having the ability to improvise in emergencies. The position will include a variety of other duties, from handling setting up PA system and speakers to being professional and courteous with customers that may approach you. The Sound MC must be ready to announce and play music for each performing act and eager to aid the competition director whenever and wherever needed.
Main Job Descriptions/Expectations:
– Required to Load-In/Load-Out truck at home base location (must be located within a reasonable driving distance of Hillsborough, NJ)
– May be responsible for rental/driving company van, paid for by On Point
– Ability to set-up and break-down competition equipment
– Ability to work long hours in high-stress theatrical production environments
– Outstanding customer service skills. Must enjoy interacting with the public, especially children!
– Reliability is a MUST!
– Past dance convention/competition experience is a HUGE PLUS!
– HIGH ENERGY/Positive Personality/Good with Public Speaking
– Attention to detail!
– Well-groomed appearance
– Excellent pronunciation and vocal projection
– MUST be proficient with live soundboards, PA systems, monitors, and public speaking.
Visit our website for the mandatory weekends:
Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for an interview.
All interviews will take place in Hillsborough, NJ.
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway