New York, NY 10036
Theater Merchandise Royalty Manager
The Theater Merchandise Royalty Manager will report to the EVP of Finance at the Araca Group. Duties will include making royalty calculations and payments, auditing and recording venue settlements from merchandise operations; and tracking and recording royalties and profit distributions from producing and licensing operations. The Royalty Manager will work closely with Araca’s producing and merchandising partners in theater and other entertainment industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely payment and accounting of all foreign and domestic royalties.
- Prepare all commission reports for producers, venues, consultants and artists
- Preparing quarterly/monthly and weekly merchandising royalty statements for retail, E-Commerce, and licensing activity
- Review and interpret contracts/agreements to correctly execute royalty obligations
- Track royalties and profit shares received from producing and licensing partners
- Record and audit sales and royalties conducted by performance venues
- Track and analyze royalty advances
- Assist quarter and year end close (recording of royalty accruals, payments, various reconciliations and ad’hoc analysis)
• Preparing check requests for royalty payments
- Liaise with Information Systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Work with Systems, Sales, and Operations departments to ensure systems are accurately recording financial data
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $40-$60K+, commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental coverage, after 3 month waiting period
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 401 K with company match, upon eligibility
- Creative, casual atmosphere
About the applicant
The selected candidate will have direct experience working in theater merchandise royalties or participations accounting. The candidate will have energy, enthusiasm and passion for the theater and entertainment industry and will bring to Araca the following experiences and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of royalty (or participations) accounting experience
- Excellent skills in QuickBooks, Excel. Retail Pro a plus
- Ability to read and interpret legal contracts
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Proven ability to prioritize, adhere to deadlines, and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Familiarity with Broadway theatre and producing a plus
About the application
Please send cover email and resume to email@example.com. You must include “Theater Merchandise Royalty Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Your letter should describe your experience, qualifications and interest in meeting the responsibilities of the position. Please include your compensation history in your application.
No snail mail and no telephone calls, please. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.araca.com for more information.
About the Company
Araca is a leading brand activation company that supports its Broadway, music, and movie and TV studio clients through global live event sales, eCommerce, and the creation of singular, fashionable products. Araca has developed fully-integrated merchandising operations, with in-house design, manufacture, warehousing, and e-commerce. Among Araca’s robust slate of clients are recording artists Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Zayn Malik, Carly Rae Jepsen, Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, AFI, Black Label Society, Ellie Goulding, and theatrical merchandise accounts for Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Beautiful – The Carole King Musical, Jersey Boys, and Matilda . Araca holds licenses for major entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel , DC Comics, The Walking Dead, Disney, Nickelodeon, and DreamWorks.
February 21, 2017 –
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway