Company: Irish Arts Center
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: travel stipend available
IAC seeks an online and social media fluent intern to assist with all aspects of IAC’s online content creation and dissemination (podcast, video, blog, photo sharing, etc), supporting a diverse cultural program. In this position the intern will help develop, edit and publish content for the Live from Irish Arts Center media section of the Irish Arts Center website, and for the soon-to-be launched blog. The intern will gain firsthand experience working in a nonprofit performing arts organization and will have an opportunity to hone audio and video editing skills, project management skills, writing skills, and narrative creation skills, while making a huge impact on the organization’s community presence both in New York and internationally.
This is a valuable opportunity for someone interested in working in the arts, and creating a portfolio of video and audio representing all of Irish Arts Center’s disciplines (theatre, music, visual arts, dance, film, literature, comedy, education).
Reporting to both Director of Programming and Director of Communications and working with Programming and Marketing Associates the NMI will be responsible for:
-Creating, recording, editing, posting and sharing podcasts (both audio and video)
-Creating, designing, content-generating, sharing etc a new IAC blog
-Working with Marketing team to create, share, cross-platform and promote social media via -Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr, Flickr
-Keep on top of and keep IAC staff abreast of developments in new media
-Other admin tasks (reception work, database entry and management)
Candidates should have an interest in arts and culture and media and ideally have a working knowledge of the New York City cultural community and the not-for-profit field. Intern must be motivated to work quickly and independently and possess some knowledge of audio editing.
• Excellent writing skills, particularly the ability to synthesize and summarize accurately and pay attention to details of grammar and spelling and adherence to house-style
• Demonstrated research and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or take direction from several members of a team, as needed.
• Familiarity with a range of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, Adobe, and Audacity or other audio editing software
• Experience or interest in creating consistent and high quality podcast content
• Great oral skill / ability to speak with different types of people on a project (artists, technical crew, creative team, marketing, donors, etc).
• General knowledge of Irish and Irish American history and culture desirable, but not required.
• Fluent in and on and have accounts on a wide range of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr
Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “New Media Intern.”