Company: Ellie Herman Pilates
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Internationally renowned Pilates Master Trainer Ellie Herman has an opening at her Park Slope Brooklyn studios for the position of Studio Manager.
Union Street and ANNEX Studio Manager
Monday-Thursday 8am-2pm, possibly of expanding to full time with health, dental and retirement benefits.
• Making sure the studios run smoothly & that the customers have a seamless and happy experience;
Assist studio owner and general manager;
Managing trainer schedules and class schedules;
Maintain clean, calm studios;
• Answer phone calls and emails;
• Organize files behind the desk;
• Maintain upkeep of the Union Street and Annex locations;
Manage Union Street work study and other receptionists on weekends and evenings to keep ANNEX running smoothly, checking light bulbs, cleaning;
Manage ANNEX cleaning and communicating with the cleaning company
additional cleaning daily (trash removal, changing towels, filling bottles, sweeping floor, checking tp, looking for baseboard dust, detailing reformers once a week, checking water fountain, windows etc for accumulation of dust and grime);
Making sure fliers and pricing sheets are up to date;
Making an announcement sheet of upcoming events at studio;
Making sure everything is perfect;
Managing ANNEX rentals;
• Managing bank deposits, tracking all studio petty cash, and balancing register;
• Managing donations- spreadsheet given to Ellie at end of year;
• Ensuring customer satisfaction and issuing refunds or returns when necessary;
Managing Continuing Education and Teacher Training program, collecting payment and setting up auditions, keeping up to date contact list
• Managing social media accounts for the studio (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram);
• Ordering materials such as props, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.;
• Ordering & stocking inventory being sold;
• Managing book sales, shipping, and ensuring customer satisfaction;
• Completing inventory of books, foam rollers, etc.;
• Checking and sorting studio mail
• Manage “Unlimited” late cancels: Each morning, look over the schedule from the day before and charge clients for late cancellations made under an Unlimited class package.
Class Pass: Work with Ellie to manage the Class Pass and account.
Schedule rack cards: make needed alterations to the schedule template and print cards for all three studios.
As the Studio Manager, you are the first person our clients see when they walk in the door, so it is important that you are professional, friendly and approachable. Since we are a business that focuses on fitness, our ideal candidate should be able to represent a healthy lifestyle.
Our studio is very busy at certain times of the day, especially when appointments change over so you must have the ability to multitask and maintain a level of composure during those high stress times. The applicant must also possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
NO PHONE CALLS, NO WALK-INS.
Pay and Benefits:
Starting at $18/hr during training, increase based on skill set.
Unlimited free Pilates classes
Option to add Comprehensive Pilates Certification and Continuing Education to benefits package
2-5 years front desk experience preferred
Familiarity with Mindbody Online Software preferred but not required
Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Adobe Suite (payroll, spreadsheets and fliers) required
Proficiency in creating graphics (i.e. fliers)