Company: Ballet Inc.
Location: New York , NY
Compensation: Alotted Ticket Sales ( Artist keeps all profits)
The Series is a cultural exchange of dance. This contemporary dance festival gives opportunites to 25 emerging dance companies, choreographers, and contemporary dance artists to share their work with Audiences, Company Directors, Producers, and Presenters of dance.We aim to cultivate opportunities for collaborations and commissions.
Who are we?
Ballet Inc. was founded in 2012 by Executive Artistic Director and Resident Choreographer Aaron Atkins and Former Executive Director Edgar Peterson III . Aaron and Edgar felt that there was a need for diversity within the dance community that appeared to only celebrate artist of very specific backgrounds and skillsets. Ballet Inc. gives a platform to an array of diverse, talented artists while challenging the performing arts and dance normative. Our goal is provide opportunities to these individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, body type or traditional dancer ‘limitations’.
Ballet Inc. Offers:
– Performing in a ideally located performance venue
– Meet and Greet Talk Back with Company Directors, Producers and Presenters of Dance
– Complimentary HD cinamatic quailty wide shot footage
– Complimentary Hi-Res photography
– Press & Marketing assistance
– Ballet Inc’s Lighting Designer will set your lighting
– Complimentary tickets to sale ( 5 tickets – Artist keeps profits)
PLUS, 1 exceptional artist will be honored with the Ballet Inc. Emerging Choreographer Award ( Cash Prize + Production fee refunded, application fee excluded )
Location: Miller Theater – 116 West Broadway, New York, NY
Performance Dates: January 28th
Submission Deadline: December 5th, 2016 11:59 PM EST
– Choreographer has choreograped no more than 5-7 years
– Proposed work no longer than 5Min.
– No Props or Projection allowed
*All Contemporary dance genres are encourged to apply*
Submit the following for consideration:
– $35.00 Application Fee
– Send email to Aaron Atkins with the Following:
– Video footage(Youtube link and/or Vimeo link) of proposed work and/or written proposal of work you intend to create
– Bio and/or resume of artist and/or company
Artist Fees Overview:
Application Fee: $35.00 (Non Refundable) – via Fractured Atlas (form of tax-deductible donation)
Production fee: $250.00 (upon acceptance)-via PayPal
New York , New York